- Podcast: Lessons learned in lab safety
C&EN; July 24, 2019.
- Podcast: Building a culture of safety
C&EN; August 10, 2019.
- Teaching Chemical Safety and Information Skills Using Risk Assessment by S.B. Sigmann and L.R McEwen (2016)
- Laboratory Safety for Chemistry Students, 2nd Edition by Robert H. Hill and David Finster (2016)
- Managing the Unexpected: Sustained Performance in a Complex World by K.E. Weick and K.M. Sutcliffe (2015)
- Review of Guidelines for Laboratory Design: Health, Safety, and Environmental Considerations, 4th Edition (2014)
- Safe Science: Promoting a Culture of Safety in Academic Chemical Research (2014)
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory: Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards (2011)
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories, 7th Edition, Volume 2 (2003)
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory Handling and Disposal of Chemicals (1995)
- Improve Lab Safety Culture: Acting on the APLU Guidelines (2016)
Mark McLellan, Taylor Eighmy, Kacy Redd, Nancy Wayne
Interviews and Press Releases
- UCLA Professor, UC Center Win National Awards for Promoting Laboratory Safety
UCLA Newsroom; July 24, 2017.
- Survey results link role of principal investigators to lab safety
UCLA Newsroom; April 21, 2015.
UCLA researchers say findings highlight importance of actively mentoring students on accident and injury prevention.
- Q&A: James Gibson on lab safety at UCLA
UCLA Newsroom; July 23, 2014.
The assistant vice chancellor for environment, health and safety explains how the university has improved lab safety during the last few years.