- ACS Guidelines and Recommendations for Teaching Middle and High School Chemistry (2018) New
The guidelines include core concepts in chemistry, strategies for teaching chemistry, classroom and laboratory facilities, lab safety and sustainability, and professional responsibilities.
- Playing with Fire: Chemical Safety Expertise Required (2018)
Samuella B. Sigmann. J. Chem. Edu. 2018, 95: 1736-1746.
- ACS ChemMatters: Demystifying Everyday Chemistry
ChemMatters electronic monthly issues can be found here. All Issues contain teacher's guides by article.
- ACS Guidelines for Chemical Laboratory Safety in Secondary Schools (2016)
The guidelines include those on hazard recognition, risks assessment, how to minimize the risks of the hazards and how to prepare for emergencies for uncontrolled hazards.
- ACS Resources for Students and Educators
The site provides educational resources for students and educators.
- ACS Chemistry Education Resources
The site provides laboratory safety resources including standards and guideliness, lesson plans and video demonstrations.
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) resources
The site provides practical and encompassing guidelines for safety in the classroom.
- A Collection of Teaching Resources from the Energy Foundations for High School Chemistry
The site includes information, suggestions for safe classroom experiments, demonstrations and videos of science high school experiments.
- National Library of Medicine: K-12 School Laboratory Safety
The site summarizes safety information specific to schools including resource guides, chemical inventory, safety check lists and tool kits, lab safety courses, and more.
- Statement of CSB Chairperson Rafael Moure-Eraso Warning Against Use of Methanol During Laboratory and Classroom Combustion Demonstrations, in the Wake of Reno, Nevada, Museum Fire - Sept. 15, 2014
Information on the "fire tornado" experiment, which has resulted in several severe accidents in schools and a museum.
- Key Lessons for Preventing Incidents from Flammable Chemicals in Educational Demonstrations (2014 )
A detailed analysis of the "Fire Tornado" and other related accidents.
- Socratic Dialog-Inducing (SDI) Labs
7 hands-on physics labs for high school students developed by Richard Hake, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Indiana University.
- School Safety Regulations and Guidelines by Grainger
A useful summary of school safety tips.
- Teaching Tools by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
This site describes the different classes of hazardous chemicals.
- Hazardous Chemicals in Schools by the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County, Washington
A useful table of hazardous chemicals with some disposal information.